This course is suitable for anyone facing change in the workplace, whether initiating it or facilitating other people through changes. It is designed to help you understand and engage with the process of change in a positive and empowering way and offers practical tools to make potentially difficult situations easier for everyone involved.
It will help you become an agent for change with the skills and insight to facilitate and role model the behaviors needed to ensure the changes in your company are successful.
Who Should Attend?
This course is valuable for anyone who are directly or indirectly involved in planning for, implementing, promoting and selling change to peers or subordinates.
After attending this workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Analyze the need for Change and What to Change
- Analyze the Change readiness of their organization
- Choose the appropriate Change strategy, plans and programs for their organization
- Lead and manage the Change efforts
- Change management overview:
- Change types & characteristics – Change - triggers –Change management cycle – Core aspects of Change management- Critical factors
- Defining the change:
- Tools for defining the Change – Creating and communicating the Change vision, mission and objectives
- Planning for the Change:
- Tools for planning the Change – Diagnosing relevant internal & external factors – Pinpointing key success factors & SWOT – Development Change strategies, plans & programs
- Organizing for the Change:
- Developing integrated structure, systems, policies and procedures to rapidly execute Change strategies, plans and programs,- Socializing the Change efforts
- Implementing the Change:
- How to implement the Change strategy in an effective and efficient manner – When to apply what leadership style – How to nurture and maintain the required attitude & behaviors – How to cultivate the required organization culture – Challenges and how to overcome them
- Measuring monitoring and controlling the Change efforts:
- Measuring & monitoring – When to adjust what – How to adjust
This program will utilize a combination of lectures, discussions, exercises, case studies and activities. Throughout the program, participants will be encouraged to question conventional thinking and commit themselves toward continues improvements. Through the exercises and case studies participants will go beyond the symptoms, identify the roots cause, practice charting and implementing courses of action. A central part of the program is action learning – working with real events and each participant's own experience to create learning relevant to each person and their workplace