Advanced Writing Skills
This workshop for those who already are good writers. Our time will be devoted to writing letters of recommendation, of persuasion, of refusal, or of action, that reflect current word usage and up-to-date formats. You can also learn some basics about writing business cases, proposals, and reports.
What Participants will learn?
- Make your writing clear, complete, concise, and correct.
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development.
- Deal with specific business requests.
- Create effective business cases, proposals, and reports.
- Thoroughly document sources that you use in your writing.
What Topics are covered?
- The Cs of writing
- Writing mechanics
- Dealing with specific requests
- Preparing business documents
- Online Business Communications
- Editing techniques
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
The Cs of Writing
All writing should be clear, concise, complete, and correct. We will look at each of these elements in detail during this session.
In this session, participants will take a close look at the proper length of paragraphs, what a paragraph should contain, and how to order paragraphs.
Dealing with Specific Requests
Often people are asked to respond to a request for information or to write a particular letter (of recommendation, for example). We will discuss some tips to keep in mind when writing one of these particular documents. Participants will also get some hands-on practice with writing letters of request.
Online Business Communications
This session takes a look at blogging, social media and proper documentation of sources.
To conclude the workshop, participants will apply what they have learned to their own writing.
At the end and during every day, participants will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.